These are originally my nannies recipe, but I have adapted the ingredients and changed the measurements slightly to create these delicious and healthier than usual 3-ingredient flapjacks. I grew up with these yummy flapjacks and am so glad I can now eat them with (slightly) less guilt… And the recipe is so simple!
P.s. If the flapjacks look burnt, don't fret, it's just because coconut sugar is a dark sugar!
- 250g good quality butter (I used Yeo Valley Organic butter, you can also use coconut oil)
- 340g organic oats
- 170g coconut palm sugar
- Simply melt the butter and sugar together in the microwave, stir and then mix well with the oats.
- Grease a shallow dish with butter, pour the mixture in and pat down flat.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes (although I used an AGA), check half way through.
- Remove from the oven and once the flapjacks have cooled slightly, cut into squares and enjoy!
Great with a glass of almond or cow's milk!
Share your creations with me using the hashtag #emmapharaoh and #sweetstuffwednesday on Instagram & Twitter!
PHOTOGRAPHY BY EMMA PHARAOH
You can get these ingredients much cheaper online, than in store, on shops such as Amazon. Shop some of the ingredients used in this recipe below.