Original recipe from https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1580654/millies-cookies-recipe
As a child I loved ‘Millie’s Cookies’, today I love ‘Ben’s Cookies’ – so gooey and gorgeous! This recipe is between those two styles of cookies, with a healthier twist. Using my method of simply swapping the ‘bad’ ingredients in one recipe for ‘better’ ingredients I have come up with this delicious recipe for a healthier option on the cookie front.
Warning - if you don’t like buckwheat this one is not for you, but if you do you will love it!
- 125g good quality butter, softened (I used Yeo Valley organic butter, you can also use coconut oil)
- 225g coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g buckwheat flour
- 200g good quality dark chocolate (I used Green & Blacks 70%, you can also use Ombar)
- Mix the butter and sugar together, and then add the beaten egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the salt, and slowly sift the flour into the wet mixture and mix together.
- Roughly chop the chocolate into large chunks and add this to the mixture and stir.
- Spoon a large teaspoon of the mixture into your hands and roll into a ball.
- On a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper place the balls of cookie dough about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes at 180 degrees (I used an AGA), checking half way through.
- Leave to cool on a rack and enjoy!
Great with a glass of almond or cow's milk!
Share your creations with me using the hashtag #emmapharaoh on Instagram & Twitter!
PHOTOGRAPHY BY EMMA PHARAOH
You can get these ingredients much cheaper online, than in store, on shops such as Amazon. Shop the ingredients used in this recipe below.
SHOP THE INGREDIENTS